Skip to main content

Take the World I'm Coming Home with You

2016 happened.

We now live in the future, 2017..(or something like that)

Below I've listed some stuff that I enjoyed in 2016. The stuff on the list isn't necessarily new for 2016, maybe just new to me..basically just stuff that I enjoyed consuming in the last 365 or so.

 I'm out of order? No, you're OUT OF ORDER!! THIS WHOLE LIST IS OUT OF ORDER!!!

Chip/Snack Division:

- "Homemade" onion and sour cream dip (from a NY Times article, super easy [Thanks JLCVan])

- Covered Bridge (in case you weren't aware, you can order them online at a reasonable price, it's a little more than in the store, but when you can't find certain flavours (loaded hot dog, sweet and spicy jalapeno [haven't tried them yet, box is on the way[) locally it's a nice plan B.

- President's Choice (the flavour rainbow combined with consistency is unmatched [now just send some Caesar chips to Brandon {seriously!!}])

- Tayto (and the local Super Thrifty stocking them)

- All Dressed (the flavour in general, PC Loads of if you want me to narrow it down)

- Covered Bridge 102g bags at Dollarama (a deal that's almost too good to be true)



Music Division:

- Kitty Kat Fan Club - Song's About Cats 7"

- Jeff Rosenstock (basically anything he touches)
- Top Bunk - S/T 7"
- Mulligrub - Soft Grudge
- Skyzoo and Apollo Brown - The Easy Truth
- Pears - Green Star
- martha - blisters in the pit of my heart
- The Unlovables/Dirtbike Annie - Reunion Show
- Mikey Erg - Tentative Decisions
- Factor Chandelier - Factoria
- Turkish Techno - Number Two
- Black Tower - The Secret Fire
- Lenny and the Piss Poor Boys - S/T





Things that came out this year but I haven't been able to immurse myself in yet:

- Murderburgers - 12 habits of highly defective people
- Tribe - we got it from here (ordered cd on amazon, when I received it, it was the clean version *drops to knees, shakes fist at sky* so the unedited version is still in the mail)
- Stretch and Bobbito: Radio that changed lives


Things to look forward to in 2017:

- Tom Petta releasing new music in 2017 (Bigwig and also his new bluegrass band)
- Bombpops releasing their first LP (Fat)
- Jidenna S/T
- Crusades - This is a Sickness and Sickness Will End (A&A)
- Captain We're Sinking (new LP)
- Vultures United (new LP [I believe])
- John Smith (or whatever alias or group he releases music with in 2017)

Stay hydrated,
Marc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dying Every Day

 Yooooo! Old Dutch Pretzel Pieces, All Dressed Flavoured, are bangin'. I wasn't planning on putting up a post tonight, thought maybe I'd just take some notes in my phone, then I popped these in my maw and had to grab the laptop. The pieces are soo piecey, it's like someone had a bad day and took a bat to these pretzels (that would have been 1.5cm+/- diameter. I'm not typically a pretzel man, but these are thick enough that they're not just dried out meh, they have a dense crunch. Mildly bready (but still crunchy) goodness. Now, the flavour is what really knocked my socks off. I'm not sure if they use an agent or if there's moisture from the pretzels but the seasoning is heavily covering these pretzel pieces. It's like when you're at the movie theatre and put butter or margarine on the popcorn, then sprinkle some seasoning on and it's almost like a pasty seasoning in certain parts. There's also some well-toasted pretzel that welcomingly po...

Prairie Nilsson (or the Bazooka Joe 204 interview)

  So back in June of 2022 I conducted an email interview with Joe Compayre. Cut to almost 4 years later, it slipped through the cracks and I didn't get it posted...now 2022 feels like a lifetime away....and for Bazooka Joe 204, 2 albums have come out since (off the top of my head, not sure if I'm missing anything); 2023's banger as part of the group Park Like Setting with This, That and the Third  and May 1, 2026 (this past Friday as of this posting) Bazooka Joe 204 put out his most recent solo effort  333 McPhillips: Halfway to Hell  (my first impression, no matter what moniker Joe Compayre is putting out music under it's always top notch and should be celebrated by all, Halfway to Hell is no exception. Every aspect from lyrics and wordplay, to flows to production [mixed bag of producers this time around] is spot on). Me not posting this interview had nothing to do with the quality, it just didn't happen. With that said I think there's some good stuff in here...

Who Would've Thought

If you're into collecting punk (all sub genres [and some metal in the mix]) records and looking for some stuff that may be off the beaten path  Forbidden Beat Distro on IG may be of interest to you. Jimmy was running it by himself for a minute (and expanding my Cure collection exponentially), then he took a break for a minute before coming back recently (I believe with a partner) with some absolute bangers in stock. A few weeks ago he posted some records that I was quite interested in, one was on my list, the others weren't on my radar. Of the ones that wasn't really on my radar was Rancid's Life Won't Wait Demo's . When I slid the post over to see the back of the album I saw that one side of the LP was the Silencers...now that got my attention. Cut to a handful of days later and my order came in, I threw on the Silencer's side first because the lore of the Silencers really intrigued me (it's Rancid with a few other notable musicians, the one that made ...