Skip to main content

The Beautiful People

Miss Vickie's Signature "Limited Edition" kettle cooked chips you say. Hickory Smoked Salt flavour you say. They smell like 'bacon' flavoured chips you say. Wait, what's that? There's a bit of a hint citrus tang followed by faux bacon flavouring? Yea?? The chips are a mid-weight kettle cooked..maybe a little bit on the lighter side of mid-weight..like a 4 to 4.5/10, they're still quite crunchy but not all that aggressive? I thought I heard you say that. Are the actual potato chips fairly uniformly off-white with very few browns to be found if any? That sounds about right, it's good to hear the skins are still there though. Now for the question everyone wants to know, would you procure these again?

I don't know, probably not. They taste like faux bacon flavoured chips, not my favourite chip family in general. Nothing all that new, as the "Limited Edition" "Signature" bag would suggest. 

I was looking back at a best of 90's metal list a few weeks ago and I stumbled across Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar. I never got into Manson in the 90's because, I don't know, it was probably a mix of being slightly too young and he just came off as too much of a performer when I started getting into heavier music. So why not give Antichrist Superstar a listen 24 years later, right? The album starts off with 2 sonic bangers with Irresponsible Hate Anthem and Beautiful People. Lyrically IHA hits a sour note, I get it that he was trying to be shocking and all but there's some things you should know by the time you're 26ish, he could have made his point without using the n-word (shits lazy). After beautiful people the album carries on but doesn't really hit the sonic high points as the first 2 songs, it's decent industrial metal. There's a good amount of weirdo electronic elements to the songs. I think they could have cut the runtime by a third and made the album all around more entertaining, too much needless repetition and wankery, but maybe that's just me. Maybe with a few more listens, and the knowledge that the first 2 songs aren't necessarily indicative of the whole album, it'll grow on me. Or maybe I'm just not the demo anymore and it holds no nostalgia for me. Either way, I don't feel like sifting through the lyrics to try to find more depth to Antichrist Superstar. It's an okay album. 

Stay hydrated,
Marc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dying Every Day

 Yooooo! Old Dutch Pretzel Pieces, All Dressed Flavoured, are bangin'. I wasn't planning on putting up a post tonight, thought maybe I'd just take some notes in my phone, then I popped these in my maw and had to grab the laptop. The pieces are soo piecey, it's like someone had a bad day and took a bat to these pretzels (that would have been 1.5cm+/- diameter. I'm not typically a pretzel man, but these are thick enough that they're not just dried out meh, they have a dense crunch. Mildly bready (but still crunchy) goodness. Now, the flavour is what really knocked my socks off. I'm not sure if they use an agent or if there's moisture from the pretzels but the seasoning is heavily covering these pretzel pieces. It's like when you're at the movie theatre and put butter or margarine on the popcorn, then sprinkle some seasoning on and it's almost like a pasty seasoning in certain parts. There's also some well-toasted pretzel that welcomingly po...

Prairie Nilsson (or the Bazooka Joe 204 interview)

  So back in June of 2022 I conducted an email interview with Joe Compayre. Cut to almost 4 years later, it slipped through the cracks and I didn't get it posted...now 2022 feels like a lifetime away....and for Bazooka Joe 204, 2 albums have come out since (off the top of my head, not sure if I'm missing anything); 2023's banger as part of the group Park Like Setting with This, That and the Third  and May 1, 2026 (this past Friday as of this posting) Bazooka Joe 204 put out his most recent solo effort  333 McPhillips: Halfway to Hell  (my first impression, no matter what moniker Joe Compayre is putting out music under it's always top notch and should be celebrated by all, Halfway to Hell is no exception. Every aspect from lyrics and wordplay, to flows to production [mixed bag of producers this time around] is spot on). Me not posting this interview had nothing to do with the quality, it just didn't happen. With that said I think there's some good stuff in here...

Who Would've Thought

If you're into collecting punk (all sub genres [and some metal in the mix]) records and looking for some stuff that may be off the beaten path  Forbidden Beat Distro on IG may be of interest to you. Jimmy was running it by himself for a minute (and expanding my Cure collection exponentially), then he took a break for a minute before coming back recently (I believe with a partner) with some absolute bangers in stock. A few weeks ago he posted some records that I was quite interested in, one was on my list, the others weren't on my radar. Of the ones that wasn't really on my radar was Rancid's Life Won't Wait Demo's . When I slid the post over to see the back of the album I saw that one side of the LP was the Silencers...now that got my attention. Cut to a handful of days later and my order came in, I threw on the Silencer's side first because the lore of the Silencers really intrigued me (it's Rancid with a few other notable musicians, the one that made ...