Skip to main content

19/11/19

 Are you tired, because I'm tired. It's been a minute since I've had a bag of Walkers, definitively, prawn cocktail crisps. So long in fact that I can't really remember what I thought they tasted like, I just recall enjoying them...I think. So lets take a trip in the way back machine to June 14, 2017. Walkers definitevly prawn cocktail (with vle of evesham tomatoes). Not much for flavour smell [not very fragrant], bit of vinegar. Standard flat chip. Average Lays/Walkers weight. Popped it in. Tangy. Tangy vinegar tomato with some sort of salty..I don't know, it doesn't quite taste like prawns..but it's close. Very distinct flavour. I enjoyed the 25g bag but it might grow a little old after more than 50g or so.

So there you have it, quite enjoyable in a small dose, not sure what it would be like in a long format.

At some point in 2019ish the Murderburgers called it quits with Fraser Murderburger deciding to move onto a new project, Wrong Life. Over the last year or so Fraser's been trickling out music as Wrong Life, starting with the digital New Sun EP, being followed up with the pending Dreamer's Gait EP (April 16, 2021) which is being released on tape (in addition to digital) limited to 100 copies (as of writing I believe there are a few left for pre-order). If you were a fan of The Murdeburgers you'll dig Wrong Life, it's very similar melodic pop punk, poetic lyrics..with a dark cloud looming overhead majority of the time (I don't listen to much Scottish punk..but what I have heard I think the dark cloud is pretty much par for the course)..so far Wrong Life is just slightly closer to mid tempo than The Murderburgers.

Stay hydrated,

Marc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dying Every Day

 Yooooo! Old Dutch Pretzel Pieces, All Dressed Flavoured, are bangin'. I wasn't planning on putting up a post tonight, thought maybe I'd just take some notes in my phone, then I popped these in my maw and had to grab the laptop. The pieces are soo piecey, it's like someone had a bad day and took a bat to these pretzels (that would have been 1.5cm+/- diameter. I'm not typically a pretzel man, but these are thick enough that they're not just dried out meh, they have a dense crunch. Mildly bready (but still crunchy) goodness. Now, the flavour is what really knocked my socks off. I'm not sure if they use an agent or if there's moisture from the pretzels but the seasoning is heavily covering these pretzel pieces. It's like when you're at the movie theatre and put butter or margarine on the popcorn, then sprinkle some seasoning on and it's almost like a pasty seasoning in certain parts. There's also some well-toasted pretzel that welcomingly po...

Prairie Nilsson (or the Bazooka Joe 204 interview)

  So back in June of 2022 I conducted an email interview with Joe Compayre. Cut to almost 4 years later, it slipped through the cracks and I didn't get it posted...now 2022 feels like a lifetime away....and for Bazooka Joe 204, 2 albums have come out since (off the top of my head, not sure if I'm missing anything); 2023's banger as part of the group Park Like Setting with This, That and the Third  and May 1, 2026 (this past Friday as of this posting) Bazooka Joe 204 put out his most recent solo effort  333 McPhillips: Halfway to Hell  (my first impression, no matter what moniker Joe Compayre is putting out music under it's always top notch and should be celebrated by all, Halfway to Hell is no exception. Every aspect from lyrics and wordplay, to flows to production [mixed bag of producers this time around] is spot on). Me not posting this interview had nothing to do with the quality, it just didn't happen. With that said I think there's some good stuff in here...

Who Would've Thought

If you're into collecting punk (all sub genres [and some metal in the mix]) records and looking for some stuff that may be off the beaten path  Forbidden Beat Distro on IG may be of interest to you. Jimmy was running it by himself for a minute (and expanding my Cure collection exponentially), then he took a break for a minute before coming back recently (I believe with a partner) with some absolute bangers in stock. A few weeks ago he posted some records that I was quite interested in, one was on my list, the others weren't on my radar. Of the ones that wasn't really on my radar was Rancid's Life Won't Wait Demo's . When I slid the post over to see the back of the album I saw that one side of the LP was the Silencers...now that got my attention. Cut to a handful of days later and my order came in, I threw on the Silencer's side first because the lore of the Silencers really intrigued me (it's Rancid with a few other notable musicians, the one that made ...