Skip to main content

Bad Moon Baby

 Yowza. Doritos Tangy ! All Dressed are a limited time only chip that Doritos Canada has on shelves right now. I'm a vinegar man, so typically all dressed is right up my alley..I was however a little apprehensive as I didn't know how well all dressed would go with a tortilla chip. Well, let me stop burying the lead, these bang. With the first bite I found a little smokey bbq in the mix with a little bitta vinegar tang. As I made my way through the bag the vinegar became more and more present. Not overwhelmingly, but as a vinegar fan just enough. The seasoning to chip ratio is bang on. As far as Doritos families go, I'd say these would be sweet chili heat's cousin, that sweetness must be coming from some sort of ketchupy base in the flavour. I think I can faintly taste some onion up in the mix. I'm not sure how limited time 'limited time' is, but if you're at all into all dressed/vinegar based flavours you won't want to miss out on these.

You like Ramonescore? If yes, keep reading. If no, I dunno, do you actively dislike Ramonescore? How you feel about late 80s/early 90s Lookout? If you gave any answer to the previous 3 questions, there's a good chance you may be into Manarovs. Their 2022 self titled album is Ramonescore at it's best. I'm not going to add up the runtime, but I'm guessing it's 15 songs in about 30 minutes. A three piece (though their bandcamp shows 4 guys, maybe they've added one since this album) with two singers; one is more melodic slightly crooney and quite smooth, the other is more on the nasally slightly yelpy side of things (the track listing alternates between singers for each song). Jughead-esque solos. This album is a sci-fi based concept album about a fight between aliens and humans. It's funny but not corny and fits with the music well. This is right up there with Dark Thoughts for me. Great album.

Stay hydrated,

Marc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lean On Me

I first saw The Flatliners on May 9, 2003. They were opening for Bigwig/The Planet Smashers on the grind tour and kicked ass. Their sound has changed since that date but it hasn't stopped them from becoming one of my favourite bands both recorded and live. Because of my affinity for The Flatliners I was drawn to The Warehouse (Calgary) on September 26, 2007. Having never heard the other bands that were to be playing that night I had very few preconceived notions (I did very little, super lazy, research), I was just there to see The Flatliners and hoped the other bands didn't suck. To my absolute surprise and amazement, the opening? band (might have been 2nd of 4, I can't remember for sure [it really doesn't matter]) The Peacocks absolutely slayed. This 3 piece punkabilly band from Winterthur, Switzerland owned the stage. There was no fancy lighting, costumes or pyrotechnics..just three guys in jeans and black shirts rocking out. When they played there was pure uncut en

2, 4, 5 Trioxin

I recently went on a road trip with my wife (Teresa) and daughter. Covered thousands of km's..Saskatoon -> Fort McMurray -> Calgary -> Home. Throughout this trip we stopped in at 4 record stores, 1 British food import store (to grab some of them uk chips, one of the many flavours was mentioned in The Letter F ) and stayed with friends/family in each city. This trip also resulted in at least 2 gifts that become tales in this here blog in the paragraphs below. The first record store that we ventured into on this trip was the Vinyl Diner in Saskatoon. Whenever Teresa and I go to record stores she usually leaves me to my business and finds a store nearby to browse or just hangs out at the front while I get into the zone. This time however turned out to be different. A few days after we arrived home from Calgary, I found out that with this particular visit to the Vinyl Diner Teresa was doing her own browsing, with the stealthiness of a ninja, that went completely unnoticed b

I Don't Want to Go Down to the Basement, Either

I like pop punk. Ramonescore..Lookout, Recess, Red Scare, It's Alive records; you know, that ilk. Majority of what I'm exposed to (or expose myself to) is either American or based out of GTA/Ottawa areas. For some reason, it's rare for me to get a record and find out that the band is from the prairies or western Canada. This is not to say that there aren't killer pop punk bands in these regions, it just takes more digging to find them. (I know, you're angry and yelling Chixdiggit! at the screen right now. There's always exceptions). One of these amazing Canadian pop punk bands is based out of Vancouver and go by the name of The Hextalls. I had heard their name before but never really gave them a listen until last January (2014) when I got their LP "Rock You to Sleep". Shit is fantastic. Catchy, cheeky without turning themselves into a joke; straight forward pop punk. With heavy nods to the bruddas, I would be more than surprised if at least a few of th