Skip to main content

Exorcise

It's Alive Records recently put out 2 new LP's and a 7", rejoice! Of the 3 releases is City Mouse's first full length Get Right. If you've never heard of this 3 piece before, they craft bouncy energetic pop punk with a bit of bite. For the most part they're on the upside of mid tempo, would be fun to see live, danceable.The driving force behind this band, Miski Dee Rodriguez has a powerful soulful voice. Her vocals have an almost blues rock flavour to them. A lot of the lyrics are relationship based but not saccharine or bitter. Catchy melodies that get you bobbing your head and tapping your toe. Great LP that lives up to the promise of their previous EP's (which were fantastic).

Paprika & Sweet Onion you say? Lay's you say. Win with Flavour! FAMILY SIZE!! NEW!!! Are they sweet with a bit of bite like (I tried to match to) City Mouse!?! Initial thoughts, mesquite bbq. I'm tasting the odd zing of red onion (even though the picture on the bag shows no RED onion). There's the odd hint of bell pepper. A couple minutes and probably 30g into my consumption I realized I wasn't quite sure what paprika is..apparently it's made from air dried bell peppers (I had thought paprika was a spicier seasoning [welp, live and learn]). Not much of a bite but if you're into mesquite/sweet bbq these'll be right up you alley. Inoffensive. Not a ground-breaker but they aaight.

Stay hydrated,
Marc

ps. What if one likes copious amounts of chips but lacks the family required to purchase this 240g bag..are they forever relegated to sub 200g bags?

pps..well, there was a hint of smoke to that chip..What made Lay's rescind their "Bet you can't eat just one" slogan/campaign? Does Lay's even have a slogan anymore or do they rest on their annual gimmicks to boost sales?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dying Every Day

 Yooooo! Old Dutch Pretzel Pieces, All Dressed Flavoured, are bangin'. I wasn't planning on putting up a post tonight, thought maybe I'd just take some notes in my phone, then I popped these in my maw and had to grab the laptop. The pieces are soo piecey, it's like someone had a bad day and took a bat to these pretzels (that would have been 1.5cm+/- diameter. I'm not typically a pretzel man, but these are thick enough that they're not just dried out meh, they have a dense crunch. Mildly bready (but still crunchy) goodness. Now, the flavour is what really knocked my socks off. I'm not sure if they use an agent or if there's moisture from the pretzels but the seasoning is heavily covering these pretzel pieces. It's like when you're at the movie theatre and put butter or margarine on the popcorn, then sprinkle some seasoning on and it's almost like a pasty seasoning in certain parts. There's also some well-toasted pretzel that welcomingly po...

Prairie Nilsson (or the Bazooka Joe 204 interview)

  So back in June of 2022 I conducted an email interview with Joe Compayre. Cut to almost 4 years later, it slipped through the cracks and I didn't get it posted...now 2022 feels like a lifetime away....and for Bazooka Joe 204, 2 albums have come out since (off the top of my head, not sure if I'm missing anything); 2023's banger as part of the group Park Like Setting with This, That and the Third  and May 1, 2026 (this past Friday as of this posting) Bazooka Joe 204 put out his most recent solo effort  333 McPhillips: Halfway to Hell  (my first impression, no matter what moniker Joe Compayre is putting out music under it's always top notch and should be celebrated by all, Halfway to Hell is no exception. Every aspect from lyrics and wordplay, to flows to production [mixed bag of producers this time around] is spot on). Me not posting this interview had nothing to do with the quality, it just didn't happen. With that said I think there's some good stuff in here...

Who Would've Thought

If you're into collecting punk (all sub genres [and some metal in the mix]) records and looking for some stuff that may be off the beaten path  Forbidden Beat Distro on IG may be of interest to you. Jimmy was running it by himself for a minute (and expanding my Cure collection exponentially), then he took a break for a minute before coming back recently (I believe with a partner) with some absolute bangers in stock. A few weeks ago he posted some records that I was quite interested in, one was on my list, the others weren't on my radar. Of the ones that wasn't really on my radar was Rancid's Life Won't Wait Demo's . When I slid the post over to see the back of the album I saw that one side of the LP was the Silencers...now that got my attention. Cut to a handful of days later and my order came in, I threw on the Silencer's side first because the lore of the Silencers really intrigued me (it's Rancid with a few other notable musicians, the one that made ...