Skip to main content

Nutcrackers

You know what's very hard to google? Fish and Chips (with extra Tartar Sauce) Potato Chips. Shit man, I'd even settle for just Tartar Sauce potato chips (I just added the Fish and Chips part in there for..marketability?). But seriously, I love tartar sauce and I think it would lend itself to a chip flavour perfectly. Think about it, a creamy sweet pickle/vinegar based flavour. It's just tweaking the creamy dill adding a hint of onion and lemon and voila, one bangin' flavour. Lets continue on this concept..I'm gonna let you in on a little secret..chips are made from potatoes..so are fries. Kettle cooking chips is basically deep frying them..the best fish is battered and deep fried. Kettle cooked chips that are tartar sauce flavoured (we all know that names only relate to the actual chips part of the time..so the kettle cooking covers the 'fish' side of the name). Come on Covered Bridge, this just screams your name. I look forward to ordering a case of the 2019 limited batch Fish and Chips (with extra Tartar Sauce). Nom.

Have you ever googled Wiki? Because unless you google Wiki rapper you're never going to stumble upon former Ratking emcee now solo artist Wiki. I'm not sure if I came late to the game because I don't believe that I ever heard of him until this past July when I was on instagram and @searle.sneer made a post about him, his description piqued my interest and next thing I know I ordered Ratking's So It Goes and was eagerly anticipating Wiki's debut No Mountains in Manhattan. As I planned on purchasing the CD I avoided any digital streams so I'm coming a little late to the album (as the digital was released in August but I couldn't get a physical CD to my door from *unnamed internet megastore* until this past week) so my impression is pretty fresh (at this moment I've only made it 3/4 of the way through listening to the album). But dang, my first impression, fire. Wiki has a very grimey NY delivery with flows for days. At times his delivery is almost as though he's reading his lyrics as poems as opposed to spitting..then the next song it's buttery smooth..and everywhere inbetween. Wiki's lyrical with the most hypnotic rhyme schemes. If you want a more in depth review..just google it. If you want a hard ny rap album grab No Mountains in Manhattan.

Welp, that's my last ramble of 2017. A chip flavour that doesn't (yet) exist and a hype rap album.

Stay hydrated,
Marc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Tomorrow but the Next Day

 When I cracked my bag of Off the Eaten Path Hummus Crisps (Rosemary & Olive Oil flavour) I didn't have high expectations. They were quite past their best before date and typically anything that's not potato based goes stale rather quickly. When I popped one into my mouth I was met with a fluffy crunch, similar to popcorn crisps (mid to mid light on the crunch scale [that only really exists in my own head]). The seasoning was sour cream and onion textured, kinda creamy, but undeniably rosemary..not overwhelmingly so though. I didn't get much of a chickpea flavour out of these hummus crisps. With each chip I kept getting drawn back to the seasoning, it was just oddly creamy. Because I tend to group things my laziest way of describing these would be that they are cousins to sour cream & onion. Did I mention that they didn't taste stale, not at all. Pretty good snack. Fat and sodium are 14% and 13% respectively, per 50g serving. All in all, I didn't have the hi

House is Sinking

Lets start this off with, I have some great friends. Recently Joj' ( 5'1 Perspective [DIY maker. Started with wood based decorations then moved onto some other materials and projects. If you like crafty stuff I would strongly recommend giving her site a browse.]) and her husband went on a trip to Iceland. About a week after they got back into Canada I found a bag of Nordical (a taste of Iceland) Fish & Chips Salt & Vinegar (potato chips and dried fish) in my mailbox (Joj' and her husband have always been super supportive of the blog and wicked thoughtful with chip recommendations). What a pleasant surprise. The packaging for these is awesome, it's faux newspaper artwork. 40g bag of chips with 10 grams of protein. Sodium is off the charts with 30% of your daily in 40g (37.5% converted to 50g), fat ain't too bad 11% per 40g (13.8% per 50g). They smell a little fishy, but not aggressively. At first glance I didn't think there was fish in there, but upon cl

Return of Django

About a month ago a buddy gave me a bag of Great Value Caribbean BBQ flavoured potato chips. "Inspired by Island Life". I've been pretty excited to try these and I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to do so. When I cracked the bag I was met with a very strong chili powder smell. The chips have medium ridges (Wavy Lays style) and a slight green hue with flecks of red and black. As soon as it hit my mouth I was stoked, these chips did not disappoint and gave me exactly what I wanted, jerk chicken baby! The heat is a very nice hot pepper based in the medium spice range (maybe like a 6 or so, it gets the forehead sweats going pretty quickly for me). There is soo much flavour to this heat though. There's a hint of sweetness, some citrus. Weeyow, these are a nice treat. The crunch is typical midweight.    I got into ska the way that most 80's babies did. Knee deep into the third wave. I eventually got around to 2 Tone but for years didn't go back any furth