Skip to main content

Sugar (2018 Table of Contents)

This is just a rundown of my postings in 2018 including: the blog title, chip and music reference for anyone that doesn't want to read all them (I've done this each previous year 2015, 2016 and 2017):

January 2018:

Tales of Interest - Music (for title): Dopamines. This was a rundown of good things from 2017.

Why Should I Care - Music: Dark Thoughts - S/T    Chip: Double Dutch "appetizer edition" Sour Cream, Green Onion and Bacon

February 2018:

Wild Knives - Music: New Creases & Nervosas     Chips: Cape Cod Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno / Boulder Canyon Red Wine Vinegar

Back to the Bright - Music: Needles//Pins - Good Night, Tomorrow     Chip: Riley's Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar

March 2018:

Love the World We Have
- Music: Ezra (Kire) - Speakers in the Sky     Chips: Tomahawk Chips BBQ, & Tomahawk Chips Ketchup

The Way that I Live - Music: Mumford's/Samuel Locke Ward and the Boohoos split 7"     Chips: Joe Chips Sour Cream & Toasted Onion, Off Road Joe's Barbeque, Joe Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar

April 2018:

Brain is Floating - Music: Raging Nathans - Cheap Fame     Chip: Blazin' Buffalo & Ranch Doritos

Anger Management - Music: The Stupid Daikini - everything is fine     Chip: Sprouts Hatch Chili


May 2018:

Punkie / Made to Make You Fail - Music: Sean Paul - Dutty Rock / Nails - You Will Never Be One of Us     Chips: Tortillaz Spicy Cheese / Doritos Blaze    

Mother Teresa Chokeslams the World / On wid da Show - Music: The Flatliners / Kardinal Offishall     Snack: Ruffles All Dressed (American)
  
June 2018:

Cutesy Monster Man / Skyline Drive / My Jacket - Music: Iron Chic - Not Like This / Gateway District - Partial Traces / Josh Martinez - Blotto     Chips: Covered Bridge Red & White Potato Chips w Heluva Good French Onion and Dill Pickle Dips / President's Choice Loads of Sour Cream & Onion 

380 Times - Music: Davey Dynamite (and friends) - Holy Shit     Chip: Sprouts Salt & Vinegar    


July 2018:

To Have and to Have Not - Music: Billy Bragg - Life's a Riot with Spy vs Spy     Chip: Hardbite 18 Carrot Gold (lightly salted Carrot Chips w garlic hummus    

West End (Yea Eh) - Music: The Sorority - Pledge     Chip: Irresistable's Olive and Feta
  
August 2018:

Point the Blame - Music: Stickaround - In This Life     Chip: Co-op Gold Kettle Cooked Black Pepper & Balsamic Vinegar

Just Like Heaven -  Music: The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me     Chip: Old Dutch Salt 'n Vinegar    

Lonely -  Music: Detroit Rappers (Danny Brown)     Chip: Great Lakes (Potato Chip Co.) Buffalo Wing 

September 2018:


Phantom Limbs - Music: The Slow Death (Born Ugly Got Worse, No Heaven, Punishers)     Chip: Sprouts Truffle

You're Only As Healthy As You Feel - Music: Mandible Klaw - S/T     Chip: Sprouts Red Chili   

October 2018:

I Suppose - Music: Starter Jackets - Preferred Stock     Chip: President's Choice Loads of Creamy Dill Pickle    

Heart That Breaks - Music: Territories - S/T      Chip: Ruffles Sweet & Spicy

November 2018:

Pathetic - Music: Blink 155 Podcast     Chip: Co-op Gold PURE Sea Salt & Vinegar     

December 2018:


Stairway to heaven 2 - Music: blurb about opening bands     Chip: D Gourmet Salt & Vinegar    

Stay All Night - Music: Beach Rats - S/T EP     Chip: Flamin' Hot Limon Crunchy Cheetos 

What Would Meek Do - Music: Pusha T - Daytona     Chip: Lay's Southern Biscuits and Gravy  

Stay hydrated,
Marc

ps. The title is taken from Big Nothing's Self Titled 7".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Tomorrow but the Next Day

 When I cracked my bag of Off the Eaten Path Hummus Crisps (Rosemary & Olive Oil flavour) I didn't have high expectations. They were quite past their best before date and typically anything that's not potato based goes stale rather quickly. When I popped one into my mouth I was met with a fluffy crunch, similar to popcorn crisps (mid to mid light on the crunch scale [that only really exists in my own head]). The seasoning was sour cream and onion textured, kinda creamy, but undeniably rosemary..not overwhelmingly so though. I didn't get much of a chickpea flavour out of these hummus crisps. With each chip I kept getting drawn back to the seasoning, it was just oddly creamy. Because I tend to group things my laziest way of describing these would be that they are cousins to sour cream & onion. Did I mention that they didn't taste stale, not at all. Pretty good snack. Fat and sodium are 14% and 13% respectively, per 50g serving. All in all, I didn't have the hi

House is Sinking

Lets start this off with, I have some great friends. Recently Joj' ( 5'1 Perspective [DIY maker. Started with wood based decorations then moved onto some other materials and projects. If you like crafty stuff I would strongly recommend giving her site a browse.]) and her husband went on a trip to Iceland. About a week after they got back into Canada I found a bag of Nordical (a taste of Iceland) Fish & Chips Salt & Vinegar (potato chips and dried fish) in my mailbox (Joj' and her husband have always been super supportive of the blog and wicked thoughtful with chip recommendations). What a pleasant surprise. The packaging for these is awesome, it's faux newspaper artwork. 40g bag of chips with 10 grams of protein. Sodium is off the charts with 30% of your daily in 40g (37.5% converted to 50g), fat ain't too bad 11% per 40g (13.8% per 50g). They smell a little fishy, but not aggressively. At first glance I didn't think there was fish in there, but upon cl

Piss Angel

I'm not super into metal. I enjoy dabbling into the genre every once in a while, however I am far from being an expert.  A good number of years ago I read a review of this band called Pig Destroyer; they had no bassist and played some heavy fucking metal. I checked them out on myspace because the review, and name of the band, intrigued me. The music was good enough, however being that I lean more towards the punk side of the music spectrum I didn't feel the need to add any of their music to my collection. That being said their name has always stuck with me..and whenever I put those words together it brings to mind blackness. I can only assume that their shows have the gnarliest of mosh pits. In my mind it'd be one of those pits that people go into expecting to get hurt. The first few minutes might be awesome but eventually you end up with a bloody nose and dislocated shoulder. It's more of a dick out than a fun time... This past Friday I had a small bag of Blair'