Skip to main content

Wash Over Me

 This is just a rundown of my postings in 2020 including: the blog title, chip and music reference for anyone that doesn't want to read all them (I've done this each previous year for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 ):

January 2020:

 The Beautiful People - Music: Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar     Chip: Miss Vickie's Hickory Smoked Salt

Dreamy Little You - Music (for title): Kitty Kat Fan Club. This was a rundown of good things from 2019.

 Hardwell Close - Music: The Murderburgers - What a Mess     Chip: Great Value Red Curry

February 2020:

Death & taxes (or the Greg Rekus interview) - Music: Greg Rekus..it was an interview of Greg Rekus as the title suggests

Puncture Wounds - Music: Gatecreeper - Deserted     Chip: Barcel Chip's Fuego Limon

March 2020:

The Devil's Martyr
- Music: Sacrifice - The One's I Condemn     Chip: Lay's Flamin' Hot Dill Pickle (or Flamin' Hot Dill Pickle Remix)

Talk is Cheap - Music: Comeback Kid (with Scott Wade)     Chip: Barcel Chip's Jalapeno

April 2020:

Since Yesterday or Umbrella - Music: This is England (soundtrack) and Can't Hardly Wait (soundtrack)     Salty Snack: Orville Redenbacher Movie Theatre Butter Flavour popcorn

If I Needed You - Music: Townes Van Zandt - Live at the Old Quarter    Chip: Pipers Cider Vinegar &Sea Salt     

May 2020:

Never Mind the Consequence - Music: The Abruptors - Love & Other Disasters     Chip: Deep River Snacks Sweet Maui Onion    

A Better Place, A Better Time - Music: Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb     Chip: Ridgies Spicy Salt & Vinegar
  
June 2020:

I Ain't Lazy - Music: Skratch Bastid, John Smith, Pip Skid - Taking Care of Business     Chip: co-op Gold Pure Honey Dill

Overkill - Music: Music from Scrubs (the TV show)     Chip: Doritos Flamin' Hot Limon    

July 2020:

 Off Wit His Head - Big Pun - Yeeeeah Baby     Chip: Arriba Creamy Guacamole  

All in Time - Music: Dan Potthast - My Living Room     Chip: co-op Gold Parmesan and Garlic 

Have the Time - Music: The Slackers     Chip: Kettle Brand Ranch

August 2020:

The Window - Music: Red Scare Industries' 15 Years of Tears and Beers (comp)    Chips: Our Finest Sweet Chili & Sour Cream, Kettle Brand Krinkle Cut Sea Salt & Vinegar, Kettle Brand Red Curry, Our Finest Malt Vinegar & Sea Salt, Lay's Wavy Salt & Vinegar, McLure's Spicy Pickle, Lay's Butter Chicken, Wavy Lay's Hickory BBQ, Uncle Ray's Ketchup,  

Purple Rain -  Music(ish): Two Minutes to Late Night (TV show)     Chip: President's Choice Kettle Cooked Caramelized Onion & Balsamic Vinegar
 
September 2020:

The Target Demographic Has Had It Up To Here - Music: The Credentials, Ridgemont, and Witches with Dicks    Chips: Arriba Spicy Ranch, Lay's Chalet Sauce, Lay's Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno,   

Dollars and Sense - Music: River Jacks (band in general)     Chip: Arriba Sweet Chili   

October 2020:

Cold Turkey - Music: Billy Liar - Some Legacy      Chip: Tomahawk Chips Salt & Vinegar, Deep River Zesty Jalapeno

 Worms of the Senses / Faculties of the Skull - Music: Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come (also mentions of Raised Fist and D.S.-13)    Chip: Ikea Festligt Potato Chips with Pickled Mushroom, and Ikea Pepper and Leek

November 2020: 

Walking Around Town - Music: Epic - Aging is what Friends Do Together (also soso, Factor, Kay the Aquanaut)    Chips: Covered Bridge Fried Pepperoni

Brave or Dying Life or Firing Squad - Music: Obituary - S/T, Necrot - Mortal, Power Trip - Nightmare Logic     Chip: Doritos Late Night Buffalo Hot Wings        

December 2020:

Posse Can't Be Bothered - Music: Bazooka Joe and Rob Crooks - Schadenfreude     Dip and Chip: Homemade Salsa Verde (includes recipe), co-op in store made Taco Chips 

No One Wants A Pizza on Xmas Day #2 - Music: Connor Ratliff and Mikey Erg - The Spirit of Ratliff     Snack: Nacho Cheese Bugles 

Stay hydrated,
Marc

ps. The title is taken from Westbound Train's contribution to the Ska Against Racism comp that was released this past September as a colab between Bad Time Records, Asian Man Records, and Ska Punk Daily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Tomorrow but the Next Day

 When I cracked my bag of Off the Eaten Path Hummus Crisps (Rosemary & Olive Oil flavour) I didn't have high expectations. They were quite past their best before date and typically anything that's not potato based goes stale rather quickly. When I popped one into my mouth I was met with a fluffy crunch, similar to popcorn crisps (mid to mid light on the crunch scale [that only really exists in my own head]). The seasoning was sour cream and onion textured, kinda creamy, but undeniably rosemary..not overwhelmingly so though. I didn't get much of a chickpea flavour out of these hummus crisps. With each chip I kept getting drawn back to the seasoning, it was just oddly creamy. Because I tend to group things my laziest way of describing these would be that they are cousins to sour cream & onion. Did I mention that they didn't taste stale, not at all. Pretty good snack. Fat and sodium are 14% and 13% respectively, per 50g serving. All in all, I didn't have the hi

House is Sinking

Lets start this off with, I have some great friends. Recently Joj' ( 5'1 Perspective [DIY maker. Started with wood based decorations then moved onto some other materials and projects. If you like crafty stuff I would strongly recommend giving her site a browse.]) and her husband went on a trip to Iceland. About a week after they got back into Canada I found a bag of Nordical (a taste of Iceland) Fish & Chips Salt & Vinegar (potato chips and dried fish) in my mailbox (Joj' and her husband have always been super supportive of the blog and wicked thoughtful with chip recommendations). What a pleasant surprise. The packaging for these is awesome, it's faux newspaper artwork. 40g bag of chips with 10 grams of protein. Sodium is off the charts with 30% of your daily in 40g (37.5% converted to 50g), fat ain't too bad 11% per 40g (13.8% per 50g). They smell a little fishy, but not aggressively. At first glance I didn't think there was fish in there, but upon cl

Return of Django

About a month ago a buddy gave me a bag of Great Value Caribbean BBQ flavoured potato chips. "Inspired by Island Life". I've been pretty excited to try these and I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to do so. When I cracked the bag I was met with a very strong chili powder smell. The chips have medium ridges (Wavy Lays style) and a slight green hue with flecks of red and black. As soon as it hit my mouth I was stoked, these chips did not disappoint and gave me exactly what I wanted, jerk chicken baby! The heat is a very nice hot pepper based in the medium spice range (maybe like a 6 or so, it gets the forehead sweats going pretty quickly for me). There is soo much flavour to this heat though. There's a hint of sweetness, some citrus. Weeyow, these are a nice treat. The crunch is typical midweight.    I got into ska the way that most 80's babies did. Knee deep into the third wave. I eventually got around to 2 Tone but for years didn't go back any furth