Skip to main content

Half the Whole

 This is just a rundown of my postings in 2021 including: the blog title, chip and music reference for anyone that doesn't want to read all them (I've done this each previous year for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020)

January 2021:

Beachfront Property - Music (for title): Spanish Love Songs [Brave Faces Everyone album]. This was a rundown of good things from 2020. Also included is a brief review of co-op Gold Pure kettlecooked popcorn, Jalapeno White Cheddar flavour

Outta My Head - Music: Reifer Madness - Break Out     Chip: Hardbite Wasabi Ranch

 
February 2021:

Gruesome Tasks - Music: Cancer - Death Shall Rise     Chip: Paqui Fiery Chile Limon

Here's Looking At You Kid - Music: Gaslight Anthem - (sort of The '59 Sound)     Chip: Covered Bridge All Dressed

March 2021:

Tree House Lullaby
- Music: Blaze Foley - The Dawg Years     Chip: Old Dutch Ridgies Salt and Pepper Wings

19/11/19 - Music: Wrong Life - New Sun/Dreamers Gait ep's     Chip: Walker's Prawn Cocktail 

 
April 2021:

Water from Hell - Music: Brickfight - Harvester of Nachos     Salty Snack: Doritos 3D Crunch  Chili Cheese Nachos

Expect the Worst (Jon Lewis [The Dopamines] Interview) - As the title suggests, this is an interview with Jon Lewis of The Dopamines. If you read nothing else in this list, read this interview.    

May 2021:

Southpaw - Music: Ivy Sole - Southpaw     Chip: Ruffles Cheeseburger    

Six Different Ways - Music: The Cure (no specific album)     Chip: Dutch Crunch Spicy Dill Pickle, Miss Vickies Spicy Dill Pickle, Hardbite Spicy Dill, Pickle
  
June 2021:

ooh la la - Music: Run With The Jewels - RTJ4     Chip: Old Dutch Crunchys Sweet Chili

Flat Planet - Music: In Defense of Ska (book...[the podcast is also super good])     Chip: Lay's (Canadian) Magic Masala    

July 2021:

It Went Well - Music: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (just in general)    Chips: Great Value Extreme Scorchin' Hot All Dressed    

All Of That Said - Music: Evidence - Unlearning Vol. 1     Chip: Lay's White Cheddar

August 2021:

Keep Spinning - Music: Kitty Kat Fan Club - All I Want Is Love    Chips: Hardbite Smokin' Sweet Spud BBQ  

Tambien de Color se Baila -  Music: Sekta Core     Chip: President's Choice World of Flavours Taco

Amazed -  Music: Nashville bands I guess?     Chip: Great Value Hot Chicken Nashville-Style
 
September 2021:

Rinse and Repeat / Wishing Well - Music: Joystick - I Can't Take It Anymore, Best of the Worst - Better Medicine (Bad Time Records)    Chips: Great Value Extreme Creamy Garlic + Dill, President's Choice Loads of Creamy Dill Pickle   

Back Die Bokke - Music: Early B     Chip: about a dozen flavours with reviews brought to you by the Salty Bag's international correspondent  

October 2021:

Working Class Hole - Music: The Dwarves      Snack: Herr's Buffalo Style Blue Cheese Flavour Corn Snacks

Back to the Motor League - Music: Propagandhi - Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes    "Chip": Pringles Wendy's Spicy Chicken Flavour

November 2021: 

Wannabe Dope - Music: Dominant Mammals (Kirby Dominant and Moka Only)    Chips: Takis Kettlez Typhoon Jalapeno

Bagel Rooks - Music: Bad Operation - Self Titled     Chip: Herr's Stubb's spicy Bar-b-q        

December 2021:

I'll Be - Music: Dawson's Creek soundtrack     ChipNosh and Co. ketchup 
 

King Cake Baby - Music: Bazooka Joe 204 - Prairie Nilsson     Chip: Hardbite Spicy Ketchup

Stay hydrated,
Marc

ps. The title is taken from Gruf and Yy's (produced by Rob Crooks) late 2021 rap masterclass album Mental Health Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Tomorrow but the Next Day

 When I cracked my bag of Off the Eaten Path Hummus Crisps (Rosemary & Olive Oil flavour) I didn't have high expectations. They were quite past their best before date and typically anything that's not potato based goes stale rather quickly. When I popped one into my mouth I was met with a fluffy crunch, similar to popcorn crisps (mid to mid light on the crunch scale [that only really exists in my own head]). The seasoning was sour cream and onion textured, kinda creamy, but undeniably rosemary..not overwhelmingly so though. I didn't get much of a chickpea flavour out of these hummus crisps. With each chip I kept getting drawn back to the seasoning, it was just oddly creamy. Because I tend to group things my laziest way of describing these would be that they are cousins to sour cream & onion. Did I mention that they didn't taste stale, not at all. Pretty good snack. Fat and sodium are 14% and 13% respectively, per 50g serving. All in all, I didn't have the hi

Lean On Me

I first saw The Flatliners on May 9, 2003. They were opening for Bigwig/The Planet Smashers on the grind tour and kicked ass. Their sound has changed since that date but it hasn't stopped them from becoming one of my favourite bands both recorded and live. Because of my affinity for The Flatliners I was drawn to The Warehouse (Calgary) on September 26, 2007. Having never heard the other bands that were to be playing that night I had very few preconceived notions (I did very little, super lazy, research), I was just there to see The Flatliners and hoped the other bands didn't suck. To my absolute surprise and amazement, the opening? band (might have been 2nd of 4, I can't remember for sure [it really doesn't matter]) The Peacocks absolutely slayed. This 3 piece punkabilly band from Winterthur, Switzerland owned the stage. There was no fancy lighting, costumes or pyrotechnics..just three guys in jeans and black shirts rocking out. When they played there was pure uncut en

House is Sinking

Lets start this off with, I have some great friends. Recently Joj' ( 5'1 Perspective [DIY maker. Started with wood based decorations then moved onto some other materials and projects. If you like crafty stuff I would strongly recommend giving her site a browse.]) and her husband went on a trip to Iceland. About a week after they got back into Canada I found a bag of Nordical (a taste of Iceland) Fish & Chips Salt & Vinegar (potato chips and dried fish) in my mailbox (Joj' and her husband have always been super supportive of the blog and wicked thoughtful with chip recommendations). What a pleasant surprise. The packaging for these is awesome, it's faux newspaper artwork. 40g bag of chips with 10 grams of protein. Sodium is off the charts with 30% of your daily in 40g (37.5% converted to 50g), fat ain't too bad 11% per 40g (13.8% per 50g). They smell a little fishy, but not aggressively. At first glance I didn't think there was fish in there, but upon cl