Skip to main content

Rocket Summer (2015 Table of Contents)

This is just a rundown of my postings in 2015 including: the blog title, chip and music reference for anyone that doesn't want to read all them:

January 2015:

Piss Angel - Music: Pig Destroyer     Chip: Blair's Death Rain Jolokia Pepper

The Devil's Takin' Names - Chip: Doritos Scream Cheese     Music: (for title) Lawrence Arms

Sink or Swim - Music: Bigwig     Chips: Archer Farms Spicy Ketchup and Salt Pepper & Vinegar

Nihilism - Music: Rancid     Chip: Kettle Brand Sriracha

February 2015:

Hell Frezes Up -     Music: Volition     Chips: Old Dutch Rave  (less of a review more of a lament)

I Don't Want to go Down to the Basement, Either - Music: The Hextalls - Rock You to Sleep     Chip: Lay's Wavy Milk Chocolate

State-Sanctioned Murder - Music: The Capitalist Kids - at a loss     Chip: Hardbite Wild Onion & Yogurt

Pieces of You Music: Mobina Galore     Chips: Freezeritos (predominantly Doritos Sweet Chili Heat)

March 2015:

We Came to Dance - Music: Gaslight Anthem     Chip: Kettle Brand Krinkle Cut Sweet Chili Garlic

Nothing is Cool - Music: mcenroe and Birdapres - Nothing is Cool     Chips: President's Choice Loads of Ketchup Chips and Philadelphia Dill Pickle dip

Letter F - Music: Fashawn - The Ecology     Chip: Walkers Famously Worcester Sauce

April 2015:

 2, 4, 5 Trioxin - Music: Herd of Wasters - Just Three Dudes Havin' a Real Good Time     Snacks: Jack 'n Jill Chiz Curls and Jeeny's Crispy Fish Rolls; Squid Flavour

Total Juicehead - Music: The Isotopes     Chip: Herr's Hot Sauce flavored

What's Myage AgainChip: President's Choice Kettle Cooked Spicy Wing with HeluvaGood Buffalo Wing sour cream dip    Music: The Manix - Neighborhood Wildlife

May 2015:

Grown Folks Business - Music: The Copyrights/The Dopamines - Songs About Fucking Up     Chip: Walkers Undeniably Pickled Onion

Bring da Ruckus - Music: Wu Tang Clan     Snack: Hapi Snacks Ramen Crunch

Get Down.. - Snack: 7eleven nacho cheese (and why it now sucks)     Music: B44 - Get Down

June 2015:

I Love Religion - Chip: Deep River Snacks Aged Cheddar Horseradish Kettle Cooked     Music: Mystery Squad - Strange Creatures

Lean on Me - Music: The Peacocks     Chip: Brannigans Proper Thick Cut Crisps Smoked Ham & Pickle

Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight - Chip: Brannigans Proper Thick Cut Crisps Roast Beef & Mustard     Music: The Rezillos - Can't Stand the Rezillos

July 2015:

Hal Johnson Smokes Cigarettes - sweet sweet poetry from yours truly Chip: You tell me     Music: (for title) The Flatliners

Everybody Wants Something (spelling mistake in the original title) - Music: The Zit Remedy/The Zits     Chip: Doritos Dinamita Nacho Picoso rolled tortilla

Lost in the Supermarket - Chip: Tyrrell's Worcestershire Sauce & Sundried Tomato     Music: The Clash

Sarah, Send Your Driver - Chip: Kettle Brand Sweet Onion     Music: Timeshares - Already Dead

August 2015:

Have you ever seen a turtle get down - Music: old mix tapes / Ice Ice Baby     Chip: President's Choice World of Flavours Canadian Burger

Don't do something, just sit there -  Music: Skinny Genes - UGH     Chip: Covered Bridge Sea Salt & Vinegar

Paid in Full - Chip: Burts Thick Cut Guiness Flavour     Music: The Dopamines - Vices

September 2015:

Dislikes: Anyone Who Drinks Pepsi - Music: Short Attention - Clever, Maddening & Annoying     Chip: Co-op gameday approved Drew Dilly 

I don't want to dance with you tonight - Chip: Mackie's of Scotland haggis & cracked black pepper     Music: The Murderburgers - How to Ruin Your Life

October 2015:

Party On The Moon - Music: The Thrashers - Robot Invaders from the Death Galaxy     Chip: President's Choice Loads of All Dressed

Dammit - Music: Blink 182 (Dude Ranch)     Chip: Old Dutch Mexican Chili

November 2015:

 Paper Trail$ - Chip: President's Choice Loads of Jalapeno Popper     Music: Joey Badass (B4.DA.$$)

Tending to Ruin - Chip: Blair's Death Rain Buffalo Wing    Music: Between the Wars - Less We Believe E.P. 

December 2015:

Sound Familiar - Chip: Walkers Distinctively Salt & Vinegar     Music: The Rites - Your Last Rites E.P.

My Great Gatsby -  Music: Two Cow Garage - Sweet Saint Me     Chip: Ruffles Flame Grilled Steak

Stay hydrated,
Marc

ps. The title is taken from The Veterans - Quartet 7". Great song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Tomorrow but the Next Day

 When I cracked my bag of Off the Eaten Path Hummus Crisps (Rosemary & Olive Oil flavour) I didn't have high expectations. They were quite past their best before date and typically anything that's not potato based goes stale rather quickly. When I popped one into my mouth I was met with a fluffy crunch, similar to popcorn crisps (mid to mid light on the crunch scale [that only really exists in my own head]). The seasoning was sour cream and onion textured, kinda creamy, but undeniably rosemary..not overwhelmingly so though. I didn't get much of a chickpea flavour out of these hummus crisps. With each chip I kept getting drawn back to the seasoning, it was just oddly creamy. Because I tend to group things my laziest way of describing these would be that they are cousins to sour cream & onion. Did I mention that they didn't taste stale, not at all. Pretty good snack. Fat and sodium are 14% and 13% respectively, per 50g serving. All in all, I didn't have the hi

House is Sinking

Lets start this off with, I have some great friends. Recently Joj' ( 5'1 Perspective [DIY maker. Started with wood based decorations then moved onto some other materials and projects. If you like crafty stuff I would strongly recommend giving her site a browse.]) and her husband went on a trip to Iceland. About a week after they got back into Canada I found a bag of Nordical (a taste of Iceland) Fish & Chips Salt & Vinegar (potato chips and dried fish) in my mailbox (Joj' and her husband have always been super supportive of the blog and wicked thoughtful with chip recommendations). What a pleasant surprise. The packaging for these is awesome, it's faux newspaper artwork. 40g bag of chips with 10 grams of protein. Sodium is off the charts with 30% of your daily in 40g (37.5% converted to 50g), fat ain't too bad 11% per 40g (13.8% per 50g). They smell a little fishy, but not aggressively. At first glance I didn't think there was fish in there, but upon cl

Piss Angel

I'm not super into metal. I enjoy dabbling into the genre every once in a while, however I am far from being an expert.  A good number of years ago I read a review of this band called Pig Destroyer; they had no bassist and played some heavy fucking metal. I checked them out on myspace because the review, and name of the band, intrigued me. The music was good enough, however being that I lean more towards the punk side of the music spectrum I didn't feel the need to add any of their music to my collection. That being said their name has always stuck with me..and whenever I put those words together it brings to mind blackness. I can only assume that their shows have the gnarliest of mosh pits. In my mind it'd be one of those pits that people go into expecting to get hurt. The first few minutes might be awesome but eventually you end up with a bloody nose and dislocated shoulder. It's more of a dick out than a fun time... This past Friday I had a small bag of Blair'